Monday 10 June 2013

May Empties


Hey lovely laydees! How are you all? I have been meaning to get my May empties post out for the past week but life just kept getting in the way. Anyway, let's get straight into this!

The first thing that you need to know about me is that I am a hoarder, like an obsessive hoarder. I also have a very bad shopping problem... can you see the problem here? I often find myself buying new things that hit the shops and completely forgetting about the older products, which results in them getting out of date and I end up literally throwing my money away. So, like many bloggers, I made a pact to myself to finish products before buying new ones - and the best way to keep track of that is to do an empties post every month.



Rating
3 / 5
Product
Soap & Glory 'Sugar Crush'
Thoughts
The scrub contains smashed brown sugar, sweet line, almond oil and macadamia grains, and it smells divine. I really enjoyed using this because it left my skin feeling silky smooth and the scent always lingered for a few hours afterwards. My only complaint is that the grains weren't 'grainy' enough. The scrub would dissolve/wash away before it did any proper exfoliation which meant that I was using more product than necessary.
Repurchase?
No - but I will be exploring the rest of the Soap & Glory exfoliator products.


Rating
2 / 5
Product
Tresemme Deep Cleansing Shampoo
Thoughts
My overall feeling after I used this shampoo was 'meh'. It didn't blow me away; don't get me wrong, it wasn't awful, but at the same time it didn't make a noticeable difference to my hair. I used it twice a week to cleanse all the hair products I apply, but I never felt like it did. It was moisturising but it also left my hair a little limp.
Repurchase?
No - does anyone have a deep cleansing shampoo they can recommend?


Rating
4 / 5
Product
The Body Shop - Ginger Anti-dandruff shampoo
Thoughts
I came across this lil gem when I visited my cousins in Sheffield. My dry shampoo obsession triggered off a little dandruff episode and my cousin recommended this to me. I instantly fell in love! I used it everyday (a bit rude seeing that it wasn't mine) and the dandruff disappeared in no time. The anti dandruff isn't the only reason I love this shampoo. I used to let my hair air dry and it dried into actual curls rather than the frizzy mess my family is used to seeing. This meant that I could leave it to dry naturally and not have to worry about straightening it every day. The only con for me is that the smell was a bit too strong but the benefits weight that out.
Repurchase?
Yes - I am planning a little shopping trip to The Body Shop and this is one of the items on my list.


Rating
4 / 5
Product
Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes
Thoughts
These are by far the best cleansing wipes I have ever used. I use them everyday to take of my make-up before I do a proper cleanse with my L'occitane cleansing gel. The wipes are marketed as being able to remove every trace of your make-up, including waterproof mascara, but I think someone was stretching the truth a little when they came up with that. Granted that they do remove most of my make-up but they do not remove all of my eye make-up; I am sure that if I scrubbed away at my eyes with the wipes then they will remove my eye make-up but my eyes are too sensitive for that.
Repurchase?
Yes - they are on the expensive side so I will wait till they are on offer.


Rating
3 / 5
Product
The Body Shop's 'Vitamin E Moisture Cream'
Thoughts
I got this as a sample from Glossy Box last year and finally got around to using it. I remember feeling very disappointed when I got this in my box because I didn't think it was a 'luxury' product, but I'm glad I've had the chance to use it now because I wouldn't have tried it otherwise. This is the company's best selling moisturiser; it boasts of hydrating the skin, protecting it, leaving it smooth and being very absorbent. I did find it hydrating and it did leave my skin feeling smooth, but I found that it left my skin feeling a bit greasy and the watery consistency of the cream wasn't very absorbent. I switched it from my day cream to my night cream and loved the results. 
Repurchase?
YES - when my current night cream runs out.


Ratings
2 / 5
Product
Palmolive Naturals 'Refreshing Moments'
Thoughts
My dad picked this up from Home Bargains so I decided to give it a whirl. The shower gel contains Orange Blosson and Moisturising Milk which makes it smelling ah-may-zing. Unfortunately, that's where the good points end; I didn't find it very moisturising, it didn't lather up well, the liquid consistency resulted in it going everywhere and the smell didn't really stay with you. I used it a few times and then left it in the shower for the famalia to finish it off.
Repurchase?
No - my Dad is under strict instructions never to pick this up again.


Rating
0 / 5
Product
17 - Berry Crush
Thoughts
There is no other product in the world that I hate as much as I hate this lipgloss. There is very little colour pay off from the 'felt' lip applicator, it is very drying on the lips and it collects in every single crease there is on your lip. "Oh wait, but what about the lip balm on the other end?" I hear you say - you can't call that lip balm. It's like applying prix stick to your lips and then the glue kinda just sitting there on the top. I don't know why I had such high hopes for this products, but it just really disappointed me.
Repurchase?
NO - never, ever, ever, ever!

Have you finished any products this past month?
Would you repurchase them again?


2 comments:

  1. cute blog! would love it if you checked out mine!


    www.fashion-form.blogspot.co.uk


    xxx

    ReplyDelete