Tuesday 8 October 2013

Mac Pro Longwear Concealer

I may be a little late on this bandwagon, but could I please bring your attention to one of the best products ever made in the history of make-up products. Now, I know that everyone and their dog has been raving about the Mac Pro Longwear Concealer for a couple of months now, but just hear me out on this!


My Experience
I have tried so many hyped products and have been disappointed a fair few times so I refused to make an expensive mistake with this. However, on a recent trip to Manchester I nipped into Harvey Nichols and was pleasantly surprised at the lack of chaotic groups of women surrounding the Mac counter. I had no make-up on (arrgghh!) because I had been running late to catch the train into Manchester to meet up with my friends, so I told the Mac MUA that she had creative freedom to do whatever she wanted to do to my face (come on - we've all done it).

She was a lovely girl; her make-up was flawless just like all the Mac girls and she had such a charming personality. I was very impressed with my overall look (even though she was a bit heavy handed on the eyebrows) but the one thing that stood out more than anything else were the non-existent under eye circles. The MUA showed me the concealer and the amount she had used on my circles - I nearly fell off the chair (lol I kid, I'm  not that obsessed). I bought it immediately and spent dinner with my friends looking like a complete twat because I couldn't stop harping on about this concealer.


Product Information
The concealer is marketed as a lightweight fluid concealer that had medium to full coverage and can last up to 15 hours. It helps conceal under eye circles and other skin discolouration. You get 9ml for £15.50 - which I think is a bargain! It comes in a small glass vial with a pump. Follow this link if you want the full list of ingredients.


Pro's
The concealer covers up under eye circles and covers any discolouration. 
The concealer doesn't leave a grey tone after application like most concealers do on darker skin tones.
It is lightweight and blends in beautifully.
It comes in a pump so it very hygienic to use.
It doesn't crease throughout the day.
Mac cater for the majority of skin tones with 16 different shades.
It dries to a matte finish so you aren't highlighting those under eye bags!

Con's
You get too much product from the pump (I normally pump it out in a tiny sample pot and use the amount over the course of 2/3 days).
It doesn't last for 15 hours but I guess around 10 hours is still good...?

So as you can see the pro's definitely outweigh the con's.

Have you tried the pro longwear concealer?
What is your favourite concealer?

Salli
xxx 




6 comments:

  1. this sounds perfect for my under eye circles!
    Gotta look into getting this one :)
    Hareem x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See if you can get a sample from the Mac store, they tend to be very generous (mostly because they know the product works and you'll be back to buy it later ;)

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I actually went into my local Debenhams on Friday and actually purchased my first mac product. A Lipstick. I agree that everyone who works there always look perfect, their makeup is amazing. After reading this review I think I may have to go back(: Thanks for the post.

    Charlie x

    ReplyDelete